JOB TITLE: INTERNAL AUDITOR
ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTING TO: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
REPORTS TO: THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
To develop and provide guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance and to improve operating practices and financial risk management processes within the organization.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Provide strategic and advisory support to the Board of Directors by providing verbal and written information regarding conclusions and analysis:
• To recommend cost reduction and operational improvements.
• To prepare a comprehensive, written audit report.
• To ensure complete and accurate audit information is reported to management and the Board of Directors in a timely manner.
• To compile and implement the annual internal audit plan.
2. Examine, test and evaluate policies, procedures and systems:
• To test risk-based plans by selecting appropriate audit approach and sample criteria based on professional judgment and defined internal audit methodology.
• To provide reliable and transparent information.
• To ensure the company is conducting its business in full compliance with all relevant law.
• To establish objectives and goals for operations.
• To audit, test and prepare working papers in accordance with professional internal audit and compliance standards.
• To conduct follow-up audits and monitor management’s interventions.
3. Manage internal audit plans:
• To determine the adequacy of direction and scope of proposed audits.
• To identify document control process weakness and provide evidential support on findings.
• To propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weakness and process inefficiencies.
• To interpret audit procedures, techniques and analytical methods to be utilized.
• To participate in meetings with respective departments to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
4. Identify and reduce business risk:
• By conducting ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
• By developing a thorough understanding of business processes for scope and assigned audits and document the process on flowcharts and process narratives. Identify document inherent risk and controls within the business processes.
• By participating in closing meetings at the end of fieldwork, provide clear explanations for identified issues.
5. Continuously seek to understand and effectively resolve customer-impacting issues in a result-oriented manner:
• To gather, analyze, summarize and interpret data to provide solutions to improve efficiency and capitalize on opportunities.
• To engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector rules, regulations best practice, tools, techniques and performance standards.
• To promote, support and coordinate risk management within EPL Properties Limited including providing guidance to employees.
• To perform any related duties that may arise from time to time.
• Self -motivated
• Time Management Skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong understanding of financial systems and controls
• Strong team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Leadership Skills
• Presentation Skills
• Report Writing Skills
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Highly Confidential
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance and /or ACCA or equivalent.
• Certification in CIA and/or CISA.
• Seven (7) years of working experience within an auditing environment.
• Five (5) years of experience of systems or risk auditing.
• A member of the Trinidad and Tobago Institute of Internal Auditors will be an asset.
• Good working knowledge of IT-based financial accounting systems and associated controls.
• Microsoft Suite with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel Advance Level